Here is the full list of requirements and actions to do for the organization of a Laser Europa Cup regatta.
To organize a Laser Europa Cup regatta you must contact your District Officer, read the Guideline and check if you can comply with requirements. After that you must fill the bid form.
That procedure must be completed before end of April of the previous year you want to organize a regatta.
The bid form must be approved by your District. Once approved, the agreement template will be filled and once signed, the Regatta will be allocated and added to the Europa Cup Notice of Race.
A person, defined as “Organizing Committee Contact Person” (OCCP), will be named by the Sailing Club to be the contact with EurILCA’s secretariat.
He will be allowed to enter information in the website and to made all activities for entries and results management. He must be a little familiar with the computers.
Event Quality assurance: the EurILCA Representative Role
- The EurILCA appoints a representative who will be responsible of the Europa Cup regatta Quality Assurance; he will be call to fill an assessment form about the regatta.
The representative can be an already EurILCA District Officer or an experienced in Laser sailing person.
- The representative will be on site to cooperate with the local EurILCA District Officer, the Organizing Committee Chairman, the PRO, the Jury Chairman for the best success of the event and for any matter related to EurILCA or the Sailing Instructions.
- He/she will take the decisions with PRO / RC / OC about the daily regatta’s schedule and about safety when there are weather or wind unfavorable conditions.
- Every further changes in Sis made on-site must be approved by the EurILCA Representative in cooperation with the organisers, race committee and the jury.
- The competitors, may refer to him for any question or need raised at the event. He will refer to the PRO /OC to clarify or solve any issue.
- The competitors, after the regatta may receive an e-mail asking to fill a survey about the regatta.
For Appendix A see the Organization Guideline below.
Appendix A is useful for litte and huge events.
For the OCCP
(Organizing Committee Contact Person)