To organize an EurILCA Europa Cup regatta you must do the following:
- Contact your District Officer
- Download and read the Organization Guideline below and check if you can comply with the requirements.
After that you must fill the following bid form (you can use any of both file formats, at your convenience):
This procedure must be completed before end of April of the previous year you want to organize a regatta.
The bid form must be approved by your District. Once approved, the agreement template will be filled and once signed, the Regatta will be allocated and added to the EurILCA Europa Cup Notice of Race.
A person, defined as “Regatta Organization Responsible” (ROR), will be named by the Sailing Club to be the contact with EurILCA’s secretariat.
A second person, named “Media Contact Person”(MCP), will be responsible of communicating with our Media officer to work together in the event promotion and daily coverage.
ROR and MCP could be the same person if desired.
Event Quality assurance: the EurILCA Representative Role
- EurILCA appoints a representative who will be responsible of the Europa Cup regatta Quality Assurance; he will be called to fill an assessment form about the regatta. This representative could be an EurILCA District Officer or an experienced ILCA sailing person.
- This representative will be on site to cooperate with the local EurILCA District Officer, the Organizing Committee Chairman, the PRO and the Jury Chairman for the best success of the event and for any matter related to EurILCA or the Sailing Instructions.
- He/she will take the decisions with PRO / RC / OC about the daily regatta’s schedule and about safety when there are weather or wind unfavourable conditions.
- Every further changes in Sis made on-site must be approved by the EurILCA Representative in cooperation with the organisers, Race Committee and the Jury.
- The competitors may refer to this representative for any question or need raised at the event. He will refer to the PRO / OC to clarify or solve any issue.
- The competitors may receive an e-mail after the event, asking them to fill a survey about the quality of the regatta.
You can download a file with this information here: