Fifth day of competition at the 2019 Laser Radial Women’s and Men’s World Championships in Sakaiminato, Japan, with two new races under strong wind and various changes in top positions, only one day before concluding the event.
2019 Laser Radial Women’s World Championships – Day 5 results
Our reigning European champion Anne Marie Rindom DEN is heading now Women’s Worlds with 57 points, escorted by overnight leader Ecem Guzel TUR with 59. Third place on this provisional podium for Tuula Tenkanen FIN with 67, just one point ahead of Marit Bouwmeester NED in fourth. Reigning World champion Emma Plasschaert BEL is fifth with 76 units.
In the fight for all 10 Olympic spots this championship delivers, this would be today the countries getting a Radial Women’s place in Tokyo 2020:
- Croatia (Elena Vorobeva 12th – 107 pt)
- Argentina (Lucia Falasca 27th – 151 pt)
- Australia (Mara Stransky 32nd – 163 pt)
- Ireland (Aoife Hopkins 41st – 195 pt)
- Uruguay (Dolores Moreira 42nd – 199 pt)
- Cyprus (Marilena Makri 43rd – 205 pt)
- Russia (Ekaterina Zyuzina 44th – 208 pt)
- Lithuania (Viktorija Andrulyte 45th – 208 pt)
- Belarus (Tatiana Drozdovskaya 46th – 209 pt)
- New Zealand (Olivia Christie 47th – 212 pt)
Close to them and still on fight to get one of this 10 places tomorrow on the last two races are Guatemala (Isabella Maegli 255 pt), Thailand (Kamolwan Chanyim 258 pt), Spain (Cristina Pujol 260 pt) and Saint Lucia (Stephanie Devaux-Lovell 261 pt).
2019 Laser Radial Men’s World Championships – Day 5 results
Belgian Simon De Gendt BEL (
23-1-2- 33UFD-1-1-1-1-1-1) continued scoring bullets and he’s now very close to be crowned 2019 Laser Radial World champion here in Japan. He leads with 9 points and followed 11 points behind by Australian Zac West AUS ( 7-2- 5-1-3-2-5-2-2-3) with 20. Mark Louis AUS is third with 39.
#SailFast #HaveFun #KeepSmilingKeepSailing