The 2021 Euro Master ITA concluded yesterday in Maccagno, Italy, after 3 days of competition.
Varied sailing conditions allowed all competitors to express themselves physically and tactically during the three days of competition and 7 races done.
On Friday the South wind called “Inverna” allowed three races on a trapezoid course.
On Saturday the unstable and light wind conditions forced the Race Committee to use the Echo course (one by one) to carry out two races at least, both of them very tactical and fought.
On Sunday all boats were early on water at 8:30 am, with a wind of 7/8ms from the North dropping down to 3ms in the second race. The RC made decided then to send the competitors ashore to the UVM boat park. The usual pasta party refreshed the sailors waiting for the reversal of the wind from the South which, however, did not arrive.
The awards ceremony took place at 3.30 pm with the presence of the presidents of the clubs who have collaborated with the Unione Velica Maccagno, proving staff and boats for assistance.
The awarded competitors were the following:
- Lorenzo Cerretelli ITA – Yacht club Punta Ala
- Stefano Meciani ITA – LNI Follonica
- Carlo Massimo Saratti SUI – Club Nautique Morgein
- Alessandro Castelli ITA – Circolo Vela Bellano
- Matteo Vanetti ITA – Unione Velica Maccagno
- Alessandro Morera ITA – Circolo Nautico Livorno
- Pietro Nicolini ITA – Circolo Vela Intra
- Marco di Natale ITA – Unione Velica Maccagno
- Mauro Lentini SUI – Vela Giovane Minusio
Great Grand Master:
- Sandro Chizzola ITA – Acquafresca Sport Center
- Jacques Fiquemont FRA – Societè Regate Antibes
- Fabrizio Rigamonti ITA – Orza Minore
- Ugo Di Brigida Arlini ITA – CV La Scuffia
- Tommaso Ghetti ITA – Circolo Vela Tivano
- Sara Badiali ITA – Unione Velica Maccagno
- Alessio Marinelli ITA – Circolo Velico Porto Civitanova
- Andrea Milla ITA – Planet Sail Bracciano
- David Nocchi ITA – LNI Follonica
- Andrea Bruschi ITA – Yacht Club Bracciano
- Riccardo Verbani ITA – Circolo Vela Bellano
- Gianmauro Deho’ ITA – Circolo Nautico Loano
Great Grand Master:
- Thomas Gyr SUI – Circolo Vela Lugano
- Jean Philippe Galle FRA – Club Nautique Saint Raphael
- Pierre Roche FRA – Club Nautique de Nice
- Paolo Corbellini ITA – Unione Velica Maccagno
Congrats to all sailors and hope to see you on next 2021 Euro Master Circuit’s regatta in Carantec, France, during the next weekend!
You can check the 2021 Euro Master Circuit’s calendar here.
Keep smiling, keep sailing!
The EurILCA Team