The 2022 EurILCA Europa Cup will start tomorrow in Spain, with the first of the events hosted by Reial Club Nàutic Port de Pollença in Mallorca. The event will run until Sunday 20th.
The forecast announces really hard sailing conditions for the first two days of racing –Friday and Saturday–, with breeze varying from 16 to 32 knots. Lighter wind of around 13-21 knots is expected on Sunday.
Schedule – 2021 EurILCA Europa Cup ESP
- 17 March 09:00-13:30 & 15:00-19:30 – Registration and Equipment Inspection / Please also remember to collect your event’s shirt and your numbered stickers for the trolley and boat.
- 17 March 19:00 – Coach meeting on the white tent
- 18 March: 3 races back to back, (Qualifying series)
- 19 March: 3 races back to back, (Qualifying series)
- 20 March: 2 races back to back, (Qualifying/final series), Prize giving
The Schedule time of the warning signal for the first race each day is 11:00, excepting the first day, which is scheduled at 12:00.
On the last day of the championship, no warning signal will be made after 15:30.
The host club will offer the sailors a meal every day after the races: Pasta party on Friday, Grilled hamburgers and sausages on Saturday and traditional Paella on Sunday.
The EurILCA Europa Cup is a series of regattas run throughout the year in various stunning venues across Europe. The competition is open to all sailors, starting from 12 years old, on all rigs (ILCA 7, ILCA 6 and ILCA 4).
Fierce competition on the water paired with a great apres-sail social scene make the EurILCA Europa Cup extremely popular events on the European sailing calendar.
Why not join us in our beautiful sailing venues in 2022 and experience the EurILCA Europa Cup for yourself, whilst showing off your sailing skills, learning some new tricks and having a great time both on and off the water.
Participating in the EurILCA Europa Cup is a good step to prepare for the European and World Championships as there are a lot of sailors from different countries who attend the events.
There are 10 EurILCA Europa Cup events each year, with 2 events from each sub-region :
- North West: NED, BEL, GER, DEN, GBR, IRL
- North East: NOR, FIN, EST, LTU, POL, SWE
- South West: ESP, POR, FRA, SUI, MON
- Central East: AUT, HUN, SLO, ITA
- South East: ROU, GRE, ISR, CRO, SRB, BUL, MNE
Every year the EurILCA Europa Cup will rotate in each sub-region.
Overall Ranking and Prize Giving
All results collected in the ten 2022 scheduled regattas will be added up into a general ranking and the overall winners in all 5 classes will be awarded with a brand new sail! You can check all previous overall results here:
The EurILCA Team