The 2019 European Annual General Meeting concluded today in Rome, Italy, after 2 days of discussion. European countries were represented by their District Officers.
Main concern during this meeting was finding a solution for many European Laser Sailors that are facing a lack of supply of new boats and equipment in their regions.
Mr. Eric Faust and Mr. Tracy Usher gently assisted to this European convention representing the International Laser Class Association, and they were asked to provide a satisfactory answer regarding this supplying issue. After several hours without finding a satisfactory response, the European representatives decided to write the following Statement, hoping this problem could be fixed as soon as possible;
EurILCA EAGM Statement
We are concerned that European Laser Sailors are facing a lack of supply of new boats and equipment.
We believe this situation has come about through a lack of trust between ILCA and Laser Performance, such that the agreements between ILCA and LP that is required to ensure supply of boats and equipment in Europe have yet to be signed.
We know strong leadership from both parties will see this matter resolved before 1-1-2020.
We are strongly supportive of ILCA’s commitment to modernising their governance to bring it up to todays standards. This will include representation on the ILCA World Council becoming more reflective of ICLAs membership base, ensuring transparency at all times and avoiding the appearance of any conflicts of interest.
European Laser sailors are excited by the gradual and appropriate evolution of the Laser rig and look forward to being involved in both the development of the rig and the decision making process, as we move forward.
EurILCA have scheduled an extraordinary EAGM for mid January to make any decision we believe necessary to protect the interests of our sailors, should significant progress on the above points not be apparent.
In addition to this subject, many other things were decided, such as deepen the Sustainability programme, kindly managed by Ms. Asya Ikizler, and continuing with the Solidarity Programme and Team Racing regattas, firmly developed by Ms. Burcu Algon Giorgianni.
Regarding the next European championships, all 2021 venues were confirmed, so those will be the following;
- 2021 Laser 4.7 Youth European Championships & Open European Trophy – Travemünde, Germany – From July 23rd to 31th of 2021.
- 2021 Laser Radial Youth European Championships & Open European Trophy – Kastela, Croatia – Dates: TBA
- 2021 Laser Under 21 European Championships & Open European Trophy – Limassol, Cyprus – Dates: TBA
- 2021 Laser Senior European Championships & Open European Trophy – Varna, Bulgaria – Dates: TBA
- 2021 Laser Master European Championships – Arco, Italy – Dates: TBA
The 2022 venues were also decided, so those will be the following;
- 2022 Laser 4.7 Youth European Championships & Open European Trophy – Dziwnów, Poland – Dates: TBA
- 2022 Laser Radial Youth European Championships & Open European Trophy – Hourtin, France – Dates: TBA
- 2022 Laser Under 21 European Championships & Open European Trophy – Thessaloniki, Greece – Dates: TBA
- 2022 Laser Senior European Championships & Open European Trophy – Hyères, France – Dates: TBA
- 2022 Laser Master European Championships – Warnemünde, Germany – Dates: TBA
Bid forms for the 2023 venues are being prepared and will be published soon.
Next year’s 2020 EAGM will be held in Monaco within the last weekend of November.
We want to specially thanks the hospitality of the Italian Laser Class authorities, helping us supporting this meeting.
There are 1 comments
Pingback: Swiss Laser Association – Laser - Annual Meeting 2019 - Rom ITA
Comments are closed.