More than 400 European sailors have responded to surveys and/or have sent individual feedback. In addition, EurILCA has also received summary feebacks from a number of districts. Many thanks to all who have contributed. The EurILCA board has carefully reviewed all responses and prepared a proposal which was sent to ILCA. The main ideas are:
- ILCA objectives should be clearly defined and ILCA should be committed to the one-design principle.
- The ILCA World Council shall be more representative of the distribution of the sailors world-wide. Only the regional representatives shall have voting rights.
- All World Council members shall have term limits.
- ILCA shall be more transparent, including full disclosure of finances. A procedure for expense control and regular audits shall be established.
- Members shall vote on all important changes of the Laser Construction Manual.
- All new and existing builders shall be members of the technical committee.
The complete text and the document including the feedback of all sailors can be obtained from the district officers.